ABOUT US Establishment / Vision / Mission
The goals and objectives of the Traders Advocacy Group Ghana (TAGG) are to facilitate change and develop new areas of policy, in order to tackle unmet trade needs and deal with emerging trade issues in Ghana.
Our goal is the desired result of any advocacy activity. The goal of TAGG will be a long-term one, and it is projected that it will take three to five years of advocacy work to bring about the desired result. TAGG can also achieve more with the involvement of other Trade Associations to bring about the required change.
The main objectives of the Group are to:
- To mobilize the informal sector to assist Government, MMDA’s and the Financial Institutions etc.; in generating data.
- Include Traders Advocacy Group Ghana (TAGG) Investment drive with financial institutions and mobilization of donations from members through promotional event and at every membership meeting, fund raising and educational event.
- Hold major investor events for traders in the country through various engagements with MMDA’s.
- Encourage the Executive Committees and Management team to lead by example and contribute above the fair share level and appreciate those members with notes, announcements and recognition.
- Promote various sector Associations to sign up with Traders Advocacy Group Ghana (TAGG) in Memorandum of understanding to enable them become active members and also involve in programs of TAGG.
- To constitute TAGG Committees with representatives from selected firms who will champion the various courses of action
Other Areas of Focus
Other areas of focus are to support property rights, housing, and real property ownership by providing active campaign assistance for local political actors who are friendly to the Group’s issues by identifying local municipalities where the association will be involved in the political scene and develop a plan to monitor activities of the governing party at any given time. This could be achieved through encouraging participation in the National lobbying in respect of Government policies with the broad intension to impact members on socio-economic issues that affect them directly.
Basis for these Objectives
As SMART as TAGG intends to be, its objectives are specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-bound and are always linked to available resources – key ingredients needed for the achievement of the desired results.
To understand the differences between our goals and objectives, it is important to remember that an advocacy issue is where there is a problem. Perhaps in our trading activities there has to be equity coverage throughout, due to inaccessible support for traders. This is an issue that advocacy seeks to tackle.
ADVANTAGES OF THE ADVOCACY
The success of our advocacy as a method of problem solving or resolution is tied in part to the advocates’ philosophy of searching for solutions rather than problems. As TAGG members acting as advocates may be able to find ways to resolve trading problems and provide ongoing representational advocacy for traders. TAGG should be particularly forthcoming at identifying the strengths of their own trading issues, and should help to find ways of solving trade-related problems.
PHOTO FINISHERS ASSOCIATION
CIRCLE PIONEERS TRADERS ASSOCIATION
ROYAL LADIES ASSOCIATION
MO MA YEN DOM
ASHAIMAN TRADERS UNION
GOD FIRST BICYCLE LANE ASSOCIATION
KEN LADIES FOUNDATION
A&T CONCERN SCHOOL FEEDING CATERERS ASSOCIATION
KINGSWAY ASEDA TRADERS ASSOCIATION
AMUWRISTDERG TYRE DEALERS ASSOCIATION
MOROCCO HOUSE TRADERS ASSOCIATION
INDEPENDENT MEMBER GROUP
Traders Advocacy Group leadership is made up of volunteer leaders
who are impactful visionaries in marketing and trading. They provide insight and
guidance to our executive team as we work to build an organization
that helps you put Answers in Action.
A flexible and experienced trader
A very enthusiastic, self-motivated trader
A dedicated, organized and methodical individual
A creative minded Individual
A hardworking, honest individual
A punctual and motivated individual
Our Team Our trusted working team and head of departments
PIOUS FRIMPONG ANANE
SECRETARIAT ASSISTANT 1
SECRETARIAT ASSISTANT 2
NORA AKOSUA AKAFO
RUBY ASIAMAH DWAMENA